Whoa, is it really gonna be 2012 in a few weeks? Wasn’t it summer like, yesterday? If only time froze instead of fly when we are having fun. *sigh* All the awesomeness lived this year just makes me excited for next year! Is it just me or doesn’t it seem like life keeps getting better every year? Below I’ve compiled a list of my favorite songs of 2011. You may have heard them before or never heard them at all. This is my Christmas gift to you. Cheers for the new year!
12. Fav Reggae Song: Ed Solo & Skool of Thought- Life gets better
11. Fav Hair Whipping Song: Metallica- Sad But True (Elite Force Revamp)
10. Fav Feel Good Song: Blind Melon – No Rain (Pumpkin Remix)
Mad props to Pumpkin for making this song all kinds of warm and fuzzy.
9. Fav Party Song: Jucachavezxx- Funkanomics
8. Fav Breakup Song: Blondie- Call Me (TheMessiah Remix)
7. Fav Latin Song: Bomba Estereo- Agua Sala
6. Fav Burning Man Song: Calvin Haris- Feel so Close (Nero Remix)
5. Fav Drug Reference Song: Benoit & Sergio- Walk and Talk
4. Fav Comeback Song: Le Le- Breakfast (Mercury Remix)
3. Fav R&B Song: The Weeknd- This Morning
1. Fav Air Humping Song: Plump DJs- Hump Rock
There you have ‘em, another amazing year in music . I may play a few of these songs this weekend at the 12 DJs of Xmas party and trust me, hearing them in a Funktion 1 soundsystem is way better than any computer speakers. I know the holidays can be tough on the pocketbook so as a bonus hanukah gift, I will share this secret link that converts any youtube video to mp3:
Happy Holidays! enjoy!